Hey y’all! Hope you’re doing well! I’m thankful for so much today. I think it’s time for a long-overdue awkward and awesome, don’t you think? Today I’m also going to add “awful”. But first, what I wore today:
Boyfriend Tee: Thrift store, $2
Skirt: Made by me
- “Hi! Sorry we’re late!!” Late? Didn’t even know to expect you. Stuttering around the bush a minute while you figure out what their purpose is, when they assume you know.
- Salting something, and the lid of the shaker comes off and all the salt dumps in. :-/
- How excited I get when fabric samples come in the mail. Don’t be alarmed if you see me skipping or dancing down the lane with a stupid grin on my face.
- Biking through streams and the spray of water it leaves on your backside.
- I recently acquired a cowhide and yesterday someone asked me: “Have you tanned your hide yet?” I didn’t get it at first, but my sister let out quite a guffaw.
- Discovering a whole store of treasures in our couch. I cleaned out the crannies and discovered at least 10 years of childhood artifacts. Like my card from the Red Cross saying I passed the swimming test in 2003, Barbie clothes, and my favorite candy wrappers.
- When you work up a sweat trying to find your deodorant.
- The long blonde hairs all over my adorable F21 coat. It’s dark purple and the hairs are so untidy. Lint brushes just don’t cut it.
- Meeting your neighbor for the first time and assuming they’ve already met the rest of your family, so you don’t say the normal courtesy stuff like, “We’ll have to have you to dinner sometime”, “Welcome to the neighborhood” and general stuff you say when you’re introduced to a complete stranger.
- Being mistaken for someone else all over town. We both are named Olivia, have blonde hair, and sew, but she’s 4 inches taller. 😛
Earlier this week during the night, a tornado swept through a little town about a mile from our house. It’s quite devastated and so sad.
- Amazingly, no one was seriously injured during the tornado. One mother went in to get her young daughter out of bed and the door slammed behind her. Her husband busted it open just in time to throw himself on the two of them as their roof blew completely off. Scary stuff.
- How the community is pulling together to clean up. So many praises and so many prayers to be said.
- That we didn’t have any damage at all to our property.
- Getting our pigs back from the processor! Nothing like home-grown pork.
- My family letting me decorate our living room with big black carved butterflies. They’re scattered on the walls and mantle. My sister thought it looked like Wonderland.
- My 5 year old sister praying, “Thank You for creating us so that we can create our own love.”
- Going out to see The Hobbit with just my two teen sisters and parents… meaning no little kids! We also walked around the mall and realized the last time it had been just the 5 of us was when my 14 year old sister was 7. It was a great time.
- Kingdom Notes from Highlands Ministry. If you aren’t getting these encouraging emails, you should be. They’re usually short, sweet, and powerful. Always worth reading and a great source of good solid teaching.
- Coffee. I am adamant about not getting addicted to coffee, and I don’t think it’s healthy, but with getting hardly any sleep the last two weeks, I’m very thankful for it’s stimulating qualities.
- Finishing almost every evening with a strawberry and chocolate chip milkshake. About 10pm as I’m just getting discouraged that I still have 4 hours of computer work to do, my sister brings me a giant cup of this delicious stuff.
I have been madly in love with our green, lush, shady but sunshiny canopied chert road since first seeing it in 2009. This is that road now (lower right corner). My heart is broken because it won’t ever be the same. I know God’s will is being done and His glory will come in the messy bits of life too. But it’s sad.
What’s been awkward, awesome, and/or awful about your week?