Hey y’all! Hope you’re having a fabulous day.
- Being sore from taking these pictures with the self timer. The process went like this: balance camera on truck hood, run around truck, throw leg up to third strand of barbed wire, climb to cross pieces, strike pose, usually falling on the way, jump down. In 10 seconds. Repeat 25+ times.
- Running through Whole Foods’ parking lot in heels. Gelato was on the line.
- Those moments where you find yourself completely trapped in a good place with good people and your entire life flashes before your eyes and you think, “How/why in the world did I end up HERE?!”
- Getting a text just as you’re drifting off to sleep from a very excited friend and replying without really thinking. Thankfully I said the right thing. 😛
- Calling around looking for figs: Hi, do you have figs? “What?!” Figs.
“WHAT??” F-I-G-S. figs. “Oh, like fig newtons?” Yeah, but I’m looking
for fresh. “Eh, we don’t get those but rarely, darlin.” Says the indian man.
- Walking across the gravel church parking lot every week after the service to the car. Arms full of everything from our pew, slightly stiff from sitting so long, heels, wind, and chunky gravel. Most ungraceful moment of the week every time.
- Church sign: “Don’t worry, Moses was a basket case, too.”
- Your face when you take the Liver Cleanse Tincture.
- Sign at a campground: “No doughnuts in parking lot.” I don’t think they’re opposed to muffins, though.
- Canoeing. Limbo with tree branches, paddling upstream to avoid getting beached, rabid otters, collecting water bottles from a tipped canoe, and having absolutely no idea what you are doing.
- Canoeing is awesome, too! Had an absolute blast canoeing about 5 miles with a large group of families from church! We didn’t tip our canoe, we all survived, and I’m dreadfully tired and sore. We couldn’t have asked for more amazing weather!
- Friends who always have something encouraging to say.
- New puppy! She’s a 7 week old lab/golden retriever and quite cute. We named her Princess Tiger Lily since our other pets are Tinkerbell and Peter Pan.
- The iPhone sized pocket on the back of my PJ pants. Whoever thought of that was a complete genius.
- 2-year-old brother singing “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”
- Friends who take you to the gelato corner of Whole Foods because you’ve talked about nothing but ice cream since you walked in the store.
- *Hears truck pull up* Emma! Keep whoever that is outside! The house is a mess.” Turns out it’s a friend coming to clean your kitchen. Score.
- My mommy. She cares so well for me and guides me gently. 🙂
- Learning herbal stuff from wiser women at church.
- New jeans that fit. Worth the $30 I got them for on sale at American Eagle.
- Friends who join you for dinner last minute. And then assist y’all in getting a staple out of your cow’s foot in the dark.
What’s been awkward or awesome about your week? I’m exhaustificated so I better stop before I say something silly…er. Blessings!