Last Thursday and Saturday Rachel came over to sew her Regency dress. We had a lot of fun, despite the lost directions! 😛 We used Simplicity 4055; view A skirt, view B bodice.
I had this sweet pink satin in my stash. I didn’t have enough to line the dress completely with it, so we used a white sheet for most of the lining, until about 3 inches above the hem of the green fabric. It was quite easy to just add the pink to the bottom of the white! I think it looks simply and perfectly sweet.
Because we didn’t want to bother making undergarments, we had to add this extra panel to the back because of the gap. This dress was a joy to make and I’m very happy with how it turned out, even though I had to basically wing the second-half of it because of the instructions in hiding (and I just cleaned my sewing room, too!)