I love February 14th. It’s super laid-back at our house, but a good excuse to wear pink and glitter. Didn’t really manage to pull off the pink today, despite trying to think of an outfit for weeks. I had plans for those cute heart elbow-patches, but couldn’t find anything that needed that kind of embellishment in my closet. Someday soon, though, because hearts are for more than Valentine’s Day.
- Bean bag naps in the sunshine. Bliss.
- Touring the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum with friends! We also enjoyed the Studio B tour and highly recommend it. Got to see the room that Elvis recorded 125 of his songs in, and stood in the “sweet spot” where some 45,000 songs were sung+recorded. Totally cool. Also enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Fido’s, where I got a lavender latte. It wasn’t as fabulous as the lavender ice cream I had made the night before on a whim. 🙂
- Hauling wood + being sore for days. I love the smell of wood, the rough work, and the ridiculous tree puns. Wooden you like to know what I said that fir? Yew probably saw it coming, and maybe even axed for it. Sometimes they’re poplar, but you’ll be sycamore. I’m gonna leaf this alone now. And on, and on, and on… knot kidding.
- “If you always go where you have always gone, and you always do what you have always done, then you will always be who you have always been.” ~George Grant
- It’s Not That Complicated’s Facebook page’s updates lately. Awesome Valentine’s Day thoughts.
- The heart-shaped homemade gluten-free strawberry jam-filled “poptarts” my sister made for breakfast this morning. Ohhh so addictingly perfect.
- Daffodils blooming!
- Telling a friend in med school that you miss one of your other friends because they’re too busy to talk to you, and they, trying to cheer you up, say, “You have constant companions! Their names are healthy bacteria. They never leave your side!” Wasn’t that encouraging? :p
- Defrosting, stretching, cleaning, cutting, scraping, and salting a cowhide. SO not “Olivia”. I googled my way through the process and I’ve got a long way still to go. Seriously, I have no idea what possessed me to try my hand at it. But I’m having fun. 😀
- Mailing out the Shop My Closet purchases… my sister and I spent 2 hours packaging them all up in the post office, chatting to the mail lady, and giving several people a good laugh at us taking up the entire counter. So, if your items arrived in a less-than-glamorous envelope, I apologize. It was crazy.
- Walking into the local doughnut shop and as you’re waiting for the nice man to package your order all fancy, his coffee machine that sits beside the cash register starts overflowing, so you switch out the coffee pots and try to explain what you did, but his English isn’t perfect. Hope he didn’t mind.
- Walking up to the bank drive-thru because your van fits with only literally 1″ to spare. You walk up with a check to deposit, and, never having filled out a deposit slip, you stand there in the cold trying to figure out what to do, as your favorite teller who remembers your name “meets” your sister through the window, and chats with the people in the car beside you about the benefit concert by your house that night. Still no idea if I did it right, or if she was just nice and did the deposit slip over for me.
- Your dad telling you to wear gloves as you load wood, but, them being totally unstylish, you decide you’ll be fine. Driving home, you examine the huge thorn gashes in your hands and your dad comments, “One word for that.” Me: “Gloves?” “Doofus.” Love you Daddy.