Hey y’all! No outfit pictures this week, but I have 7 other stylish friends’ smiling faces joining me! We took these Tuesday night… er, Wednesday morning. 😛
- Seeing an Amish man carrying a 40lb bag of feed… while riding his bike. O.o
- Ordering a 12 pack of tacos at The TBell. For three of us.
- Exiting the little country store/”we’ll cook you some eggs if you ask” restaurant down the road and not being able to easily open the door because the knob was so greasy. Ew.
- Calling the market and asking them to stay open for you because
you have a party to go to and you *really* need celery seed!
- Decorating the house for Christmas by yourself. PJ pants, fancy drink, dark chocolate, fire, accent lighting on, moving screws on the walls, glitter everywhere, jumping across the furniture and dancing to Pandora. Actually, I guess it was really awesome. 😀
- Standing on an ottoman on top of a chair with the vacuum to get the cobwebs off your rough wood walls. #shortgirlproblems
- The fact that I just dropped the laptop power cord off my bed five times in like 20 seconds.
- Finding your way to strange church’s bathrooms.
- Pondering all day what the name “Dave” is short for. Davinold? Donald? Waking up the next morning and having a David epiphany. My brain was so fried that day.
- Driving your passenger van through cow pastures to get hay for the chickens because you don’t have time to switch vehicles because every moment of mis-used time from the past 8 months has finally caught up to you when you realize you have 20+ hours of work left on your eBook that you were hoping to have done this week. Life is so crazy.
- Being at a Christmas Parade and saying, “Hey! I have those PJ pants!” after a girl in a hoodie and said pants walked past. Nothing says cultural decline like not getting dressed in real clothes before leaving the house.
- The girlies in these pictures! These are my neighbors and sweet friends. We got together last night to stock Laura’s spice cabinet for her upcoming married life! We ate flourless cake, drank hot chocolate, laughed through Pink Panther (Eurie the twrainer who twrains), and stayed talking until past 12:30. About everything from staring at the ceiling fan as a child to the London airport to eloping.
- Living close enough to Nashville to benefit from the awesome concerts and hymn sings with big names.
- Watercolor class! Its great to just sit and create. And blow paint with straws to make trees.
- The older man and his 40ish son who were eating at that store. Their accents were straight out of the deep Georgia south in the 50’s. “Thank you for my dinner, Daddy. That was real good.” he says as he pats the stomach of his pressed button-up shirt. “Sure thing, son! Thank you for joining me today” Daddy replies as he puts his hand on the shoulder of his son.
- Losing 5 lbs without trying. Problem is, I’m afraid it’s muscle I’m losing, since that weighs more than fat. :-/
- Eating GF peanut butter cookies and a big glass of raw milk at 1 AM.
- Community. I’m so blessed to have so many close friends live within three miles of me. And to think that I sometimes think the 8 minute drive to Laura’s is too long.
- Me laying in bed: “My stomach is playing a symphony. Like, seriously.”
Emma: “Like Beethoven’s 5th… Course? Tychovsky’s chopsticks? Schubert’s sherbet?”
Emma: “I usually Bach at that.”
Me 25 seconds later: “oh. hahahahahahaaaa”…
I loooove sharing a room.
- Knowing God’s providence is still good, even when Mommy has been in bed all week. Again.
- Meeting half your church in town for the little local Christmas parade. Perfect weather, too.
- This video my sister Willa made super quick of what my family and I found ourselves doing on Saturday. JSYK, I’m in the barrel closest to the camera to start. And I totally won.
Real quick, a comment about commenting:
I allow anonymous comments so that girls who aren’t allowed to have accounts are able to have their say, but I do ask that you identify yourself in some manner. Pick a fake name, number, letter, something! I’m going to have to start not publishing totally anonymous comments because its not nice having a conversation like with someone behind that one-way mirror glass– you can see me completely but I have no idea who you are! It would be awesome if you could humor me in this way!
Also, if your comment could be controversial, takes a different opinion, criticizes, or asks a question but you do not identify yourself, I will not publish it. If you have an opinion, own it. Don’t hide behind the internet. Thanks!
I make it a policy to publish all comments, even if they take a different view than me or are criticizing me or you have a religion I don’t agree with, unless they are anonymous, not appropriate for all eyes, or being mean to another reader. My goal is to cultivate a wholesome, encouraging, insightful atmosphere for young ladies here on Fresh Modesty, and so far y’all have been awesome! I’m so thankful for all y’all taking the time to write comments and share opinions and answer each other’s questions! I’ve just been meaning to clarify all this for a while. Thank y’all so much!
Love these girls! Hope y’all have a great day! What’s been awkward or awesome about your week? I love reading your comments on these posts! (well, all posts, but A&A are so interesting!)