Hey y’all! One of the best ways to get your makeup to last longer and go on smoother is by beginning with primer and finishing with setting spray. Here’s my favorite recipe for a two-in-one bottle of spray that’s all natural and made with ingredients you probably already have (or if you don’t, you should have in your bathroom anyway!).
Here’s a video on how to make it! Or, I’ve included pictures and details below. 🙂
- Pure Witch Hazel — I bought mine at Walmart a few years back but I’ll be ordering Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel when what I have runs out.
- Organic Aloe Vera Gel– Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel is the brand I have and love. This bottle has lasted me over a year and I use it for so many things!
- Distilled or Spring Water
- (Optional) Lavender essential oil
- A fine-mist spray bottle– I’ve used a 12oz stainless steel bottle I bought at Whole Foods, a refillable 3oz spray bottle from the dollar store, and this blue plastic one. I wanted a glass bottle, but accidentally ordered plastic ones. I’m hoping to upgrade to one of these in the future: 1oz Glass Spray Bottles. The 1oz size is perfect for keeping in my makeup bag.
- Cup with a spout for easy pouring
- (Optional) Funnel
- 2 T witch hazel
- 1 T water
- 1 T aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops lavender
Stir it up, funnel it in, screw the lid on, and you’re done!
Use this spritz as a primer by applying it before you put on your makeup (after moisturizer) and it will help your makeup glide on smoother and stick longer.
And when your makeup is complete, spray it lightly over your face to “set” your look!
I love love love this concoction and have been using it pretty regularly for awhile now!
Do you use a spray like this already? What’s your favorite brand/recipe?