(This post contains affiliate links)
I love my cast iron cookware. In fact, all of my cookware is cast iron except one small pot Calvin already had and my pressure cooker. It’s no more work to clean than stainless steel and has lots of great benefits!
- Cooking in cast iron helps increase your iron intake!
- It can be non-stick if you care for it correctly.
- There are no toxins leaching into your food, unlike from aluminum or Teflon cookware.
- You can use it in the oven as well as on your stovetop.
- You can take it camping! I took our dutch oven on a trip and used it to cook our meals over the fire.
- It’s affordable! You can get all sizes on Amazon for as low as $9!
I’m new to caring for cast iron, but here’s what I’ve learned so far:
- Only use soap when something is super greasy.
- Dry immediately, or let air dry and follow the steps below to restore before storing.
- Use wooden spoons.
If I let it airdry, I simply pour a little olive oil on a paper towel and spread it over the surface.
I have the following pans and find they work perfect for all my cooking needs!