Hey y’all! Today I’m sharing the outfit I wore last Thursday but didn’t get a chance to post. 🙂 In fact, I didn’t even manage to take pictures that day. I put the outfit back on Friday for y’all, lol.
- Have you ever smelled something and thought,
“That is my childhood”? Well, Aldi salsa, cheddar cheese, sour cream,
and Ritz crackers does that to me. I thought we were the hippest
family around the day I read the back of the Ritz box and we actually
had all the ingredients for the “Recommended Recipe”. Funny the things
we think are SO COOL as youngins.
- The habit I have of driving
with my left hand under my left leg, and then switching hands when my
left falls asleep. 😛 I think it’s from driving during the winter
without gloves and trying to keep warm. Now that it’s warming up I’m
trying to get back to two-handed driving. :-}
- Walking around
the grocery store with your phone held high above your head trying to
get enough signal to load a recipe from Pinterest.
morning at the feed store with your brain on total snooze and two wound
up kiddos in tow. The nice man asks what he can get for you today and
you stumble out syllables, corral a kid, and hide your face in your
hands as you try to get the words, “Food for chickens… layer feed…
pellets…yeah whatever brand we normally get… however much this cash
will buy” out of your mouth. You feel like you could fall asleep right
there and not be embarrassed at all cause you’re just soooo tired.
Mondays are so glamorous.
- Really craving ice cream, but having
to wait until the kids go to bed to churn it because they’d eat it all
if they knew about it. And then putting too much vanilla in so it
doesn’t churn anyway.
- Walking from the thrift store to the gas
station with your sister and meeting two young guy friends on the way.
They ask why y’all are heading to Shell since its obviously not for
gas if you’re on foot, and your sister blurts out, “SHE’s going to the
bathroom and I’m just following.” Thanks.
- Picking out a shirt
at the charity store and taking it up to the counter and the volunteer
saying, “Oh, that used to be my shirt! I loved it.” Just kinda weird.
- Emma making GF chocolate chip English muffins (sorry, the recipe’s in a book so I can’t link to it, plus you need special muffin rings) and then finding Boston creme pie filling in the fridge to fill them with. I may have eaten two almost the size of my hand.
- Friends who will take you for who you are at that moment. Whether that’s super hyper, slothy brain-dead tired, shy, should-be-sleeping-cause-its-midnight silly, or pitifully grumpy, they’ll cheer you up and not think you’re weird or pull back ’cause they don’t know what to do with you. 😀
- My mom being out of her room two days last week without being exhausted the next days! We take this as great encouragement that she will be better someday hopefully not too far in the future.
- Knowing that your friends are praying for you and feeling it. So powerful.
- Getting snow and then two days later being in flip-flops. Maybe Spring will stick around this time?
- A baby shower! We attended one this week that was for two little blessings and it was so cute! The theme was Bubbles. I made the punch and we froze blue water in balloons for cool round bubble-looking ice. 🙂
- Spending an afternoon at a friend’s farm planting potatoes and putting stickers on brochures. Such a great time with “family” in the sunshine, working with all ages and enjoying them equally. I wore the outfit in this post for that with my hair down, in case you’d like to know. 😉 I put my hair up for a birthday party that evening.
- Marie sending me this picture! It totally made my day! She’s my awesome reader from France who is such a faithful and encouraging commenter. She was also the first person to buy How To Sew Denim! She’s super sweet and it’s a privilege getting to know her.
Alright, I’m off to see if the washing machine is still working… good news is the vacuum’s fixed! La la la la life gooooooes onnnnn…. (name that song!)
How’s your week been? Any awkwards or awesomes to share? I love hearing!