Hey y’all! I’ve been crazy busy, but what else isn’t new? Styling another scarf from Bell Tower Boutique today!
- Passing someone walking the opposite direction that you know
their name but you don’t think they know you so you just smile and make eye
contact for 2.2 seconds too long so it gets awkward.
- Spending more time in the bushes and parking lot looking for
the ball than on the court playing tennis.
- Overhearing a group of older men with Boston accents in the
pool’s hot tub talking about rednecks. “Are there rednecks in Kansas? Like,
- The power steering on your truck going out on the way down a
steep hill and you almost crashing into the creek at the bottom because you
didn’t realize it had.
- Strapping onion and garlic slices to your feet with plastic
wrap to help a cold go away and having to crawl up the stairs to get to your
bed because walking would squash them too much.
- Not knowing the song, but trying to dance to it anyway with
tons of people watching.
- Super gross gas station bathrooms.
- Sunbathing men.
- Eating oatmeal with a fork out of a goblet. The scraping is
so not classy.
- Trying to use your left hand to serve because your right arm was getting sore but inadvertently instead whacking your leg with the racket and getting a massive bruise.
- Or maybe just hilarious, but when your sister puts too much chocolate milk in the blender and it splats thick over (literally) half the kitchen.
- Getting back into the swing of things. I realized one night as my brain wasn’t shutting down enough to sleep that I have at least 5 endeavors going on right now that, if I let them, could each be a full-time job. Time-management has never been my strong point. :-p
- Trying to think of a clothing line name. I’m reeeeeally picky.
- A family in our church lost three of their cows last month and have had “Lost Cow” signs up and down the road for some time. Our church prayed the cows would be found for weeks and weeks. When they finally found them (several miles from home), instead of taking down the signs, they put another sign up over “Lost” that reads, “Found! Praise the Lord!” and I just thought it was a great witness to passersby, one I wouldn’t have thought of.
- Go-karting. Seriously, I’ve been smiling thinking of it all week.
- All the amazing home remedies for colds. It seemed like I tried them all last week and apparently one of them worked.
- Being home. This crazy, messy, dirty, disorganized place is where I belong and I love freaking out trying to keep up with it and all the other things I want to do.
- Brown paper. Seriously, why is something so simple SO CUTE?! and practical. and lovely. and easy to use. It’s the best.
- Having such a supportive family who will sit around the table with me for hour after hour brainstorming.
- The promise of spring.
- A blog event happening next week that y’all are not gonna want to miss!
// outfit details //
Sweater: Ann Taylor: ThredUP
Shoes: Sperry’s: $65: Shoe Carnival
Scarf: Bell Tower Boutique
I hope y’all have an awesome day! What’s been awkward or awesome about your week?